all by myself

Yes, I got my own apartment. I'm not really sure how it feels yet, but I think it's a good feeling I have, I've wanted my own place for so long. It's a bit scary though, what if I'll hate living alone? Luckily I've got Ruth and Josef just around the corner, so I can always gatecrash their place if I feel lonely.

The apartment is a studio with a separate kitchen, on Thomas Street next to Lidl. It's above some very greasy hamburger 'restaurant' so my whole apartment smells of hamburgers/fried chicken/chips/kebab. It's not too bad in the living/bedroom but in the kitchen it's unbearable after a while. Have to start cooking more to cover the smell. I've already used half a can of air freshener in a couple of hour and it helps a bit. Hopefully I won't smell greasy hamburger at work.

Moved in today and have spent the whole evening cleaning, why is it impossible to get a clean apartment in this town? Below you can see what the freezer looked like after an hour of hammering (yes, there was no other option) on the ice that covered it. It was solid ice through almost the whole freezer and when I finally got in I found a small bottle of vodka and some very cold shot glasses (thank you, messy guy who lived here before).


I'll show you rest of the apartment when I've made it nice. The walls are dark red now but I wanna paint them white or something similar. Might take me a while to get to that though, there are a lot of walls here...

1 comment: