weekend

Have been working on getting the comments working for the last hour but it just won't work. Don't understand why it should be so hard to add comments to a blog, shouldn't they be there from the start? Anyway, hopefully I'll get some help or else I'll just switch to another website, don't have patience for complicated blog functions.


Anywho. After the hairdresser and some shopping on Saturday, Ruth, Ida, Josef, Tea and I went for a late lunch/early dinner at Acapulco, a Mexican restaurant on George Street. They have really good lunch deals there, plus I got a very strong Margerita and a chocolate cake from Ruth, and a tequila from the staff because it was my birthday. Felt a bit early to start with the tequila at four in the afternoon, but hey, if it's free...


Went home after that, got ready and headed for Messrs Maguires. Had a really good time when we were there but then it was decided we were going to Café En Seine, no one could get in, we lost each other, I'd forgotten my phone at Messrs, the doorman at En Seine was a real ass and I lost my party mood.


Me: Can you just give me a reason why I can't come in? Come on, it's my birthday!


Doorman: I don't care if it's your f***king birthday, you're not getting in!


Rude.


All in all, it was a really nice birthday, thank you!




On Sunday Josef, Ida and I went back to Messrs to look for my phone, thankfully it was still there. Really have to stop losing things now. Went to Cineworld, invested in an Unlimited card and spent the rest of the day there. Saw Mr. Popper's Penguines (only because we had nothing to do until the other movie started, but have to admit it was kinda funny), Devil's Double (terrible but really really good) and The Guard (Irish comedy, funny!). Unlimited card might be the best thing ever invented, you pay 20 euro a month and can see how many movies you like.


Sitting at the Bald Barista now, using their Internet and looking for apartments. It's easier to find cheap studios now than before, but most of them are crazy small. Saw a picture of one where you had to sit in the bed to be able to reach the stove. Not for me. Gonna view one on Thomas Street tomorrow, hope it got a bed-free kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment