quiet weekend

Or at least that was the plan. I totally blame Olle for this as he had his cousin and friend over and of course I had to go out and show them what Dublin has to offer! Ehm.

So, Friday started with some leaving pints for Mike who had his last day at work. After that I went home, got ready and waited for Ruth.

She came over and we had some wine.

 
Then to Lost Society to meet up with Joel, Olle, Anders...

 ...Larissa and some other random Swedes/Brazilians (except for Josef, he's not random. And Rut came with me. Sorted?).

She's got the moves.

Ruth, Anders, Olle and Josef.

Apparently I had a lot of teeth that night.

Thumbs up for Friday night!

Saturday started with the cinema, Pirates: In an adventure with scientists. It was really good and funny, but going in the middle of the day on a Saturday was a pretty bad idea. We realized this when we saw how many kids there were there but the most annoying was a mum who clearly had no idea how to whisper.

After the cinema we stopped by Ruth to get my camera that she had for some reason, then walked up to Rathmines for the world's best pizza. Had a pit stop at Bernard Shaw and looked all their random graffiti.

The pizza elected the best pizza in the world, and the other one in Dublin.

Mine wasn't the world's best, but it was great anyway.

Later we had a short pub crawl on Camden Street after not getting in to the VIP at Krystal.

After Farrington's Olle thought it'd be a good idea to jump up on my back unannounced. It wasn't. I literally dived straight onto the pavement and scratched my chin and lip. A proper faceplant! After that adventure we went to Bleeding Horse and then back all the way to CafĂ© En Seine. I have no idea why though, as you can barely get in there sober in the middle of the day and we always end up fighting with the incredible rude doormen who work there (not me this time, I actually got in despite looking as I'd been in a recent bar fight). And so we went home. 


On Sunday Josef and I went to the cinema again and saw We bought a zoo. Maybe a bit too clichĂ© sometimes, but it was a nice feel-good movie, perfect for a Sunday! Were desperate after a burrito after that but our two favorite places were closed so ended up at an Asian place called Neon instead. The food was good but the best thing was that you got free ice cream after eating, how amazing is that??

I've clearly lost my ice cream making skills since summer '05 when I made about 100 of these a day.


Phew, that was a long weekend. On Friday my dad and his wife Anki are coming so I'm guessing less faceplants and more Temple Bar. I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment