ikea sunday

Completely forgot to post this...

On Sunday we finally made it to IKEA, it's important to get at least a yearly dose of lingonberries, daim cake, meatballs, cinnamon buns, Billy the bookshelf and other important Swedish stuff. Don't know if IKEA is made for a Sunday trip though, the place was more crowded than Dicey's on a Tuesday night. I was especially happy when I had to go back several departments with two heavy, unwieldy bags, just to get my pillows. For a while I thought I was gonna be stuck between bath towels, toilet brushes and screaming kids until closing.

Crowded restaurant.

 
Happy Ruth with meatballs and daim cake.

Ruth and Josef discussing shower curtains.

I came home with a bunch of very white/natural stuff, except for my new cutting boards that is. Wanted chocolate and some more things from the food store but they stopped selling Marabou (!) and didn't accept cards so only bought crispbread and crisps in protest. And because I didn't have more cash on me. They were also out of meatballs to Josef's great disappointment, shame on you IKEA food!

Was supposed to finish painting my furniture when I got home but was too lazy, just cleaned and put up all my new stuff, made guacamole with my new mixer and crawled up in my bed with my new blanket and a film.

Great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment