weekend with mum

FRIDAY

Woke up at 7 when I got a text from mum saying she'd read the time table wrong and might miss the flight. I think we're related in some way... She made it though and it was like Christmas when she got here. Got a mixer thing from my grandparents, a blanket, pillows, knitted socks, taco spices, cheese slicer and more from mum.

 
After unpacking (mostly my stuff) we had lunch at Acapulco.

Met up with Ola who was here for a conference and had a pint at Messrs Maguires. After that it was very unexciting football at Wool Shed (at least we won, barely) and dinner at the Market Bar. We ordered bread with dip a salad and fish skewers but half would have been enough. Really good food though! Later we met up with Ola and his colleagues again, this time at the Brazen Head, one of Dublin's oldest (the oldest?) pubs. When mum went home I walked to city centre to meet up with Ruth, Olle, Josef, Delba and co but they were so slow, I got tired of waiting and went home.


SATURDAY
Woke up pretty early, had breakfast at Manning's, did some shopping at Penney's, bought paint and went home to paint my furniture. This was actually mums idea, I did not make her work when on vacation! After that we deserved some beer and the sun was shining so met up with Nicola, Joakim, Olle and Josef at Oktoberfest.



 German beer in the sun on a Saturday, can't go wrong there!



Went home again, had some wine and got ready and then Ruth came over. Decided to go to Temple Bar to find some Irish music and ended up in St. John Gogarty's. When mum went home Ruth and I walked to Sub Lounge where my old colleagues, stole Johan from them and took a cab to Czech Inn as we realized it was already two o'clock.

Sunday was IKEA Sunday, more of that to come. Awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment